I’m often asked how to bake vegan pancakes. Because how do you do that without an egg? Probably with something like banana, linseed right? Not at all! Flour plus water. In fact, that’s all you need for pancakes. To make it creamier, use milk instead of water. That is possible with coconut milk, oat milk, almond milk, whatever you want. Add a pinch of salt, mix and bake.
The trick for good pancakes is to use a frying pan with a good non-stick coating. And wait with the pancakes to turn until the top is completely dry!
With this basic recipe you can make any variations you like. Add a little cinnamon, flaxseed, cocoa powder, etc.
We keep the pancakes nice and simple here but we go wild with the toppings! Warm apples with raisins, walnuts and a drop of On Guard doTERRA essential oil. This oil has a cleansing, energizing and protecting effect on our health and is a spicy blend of Wild Orange, Cinnamon and Clove.
Please note: we only use essential oils from doTERRA, especially for internal use. These oils are of the highest quality and CPTG certified. Learn more about essential oils and how you can use them to support your physical and emotional health? Come to a free introduction masterclass or order your oils directly here.
- - 60g oatmeal
- - 400 ml oat milk
- - Pinch of sea salt
- - 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- - 2 apples
- - 30g raisins
- - 30g walnuts
- - 2 drops of On Guard essential oil
- - 200g plant-based yogurt
- - Optional: maple syrup
1. Blend the oatmeal to oatmeal in a blender. Add the oat milk, sea salt and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Blend to a smooth batter. The longer you leave the batter, the thicker it gets. If necessary, add more water or milk halfway through the baking and blend again.
2. Heat a frying pan with a good non-stick coating or with a little coconut oil in the pan. Pour 3-4 small pancakes into the pan. Bake over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the top is completely dry.
3. Turn the pancakes and bake for another minute on the other side.
4. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
5. Cut the apples into pieces (remove the core). Put in a pan with the raisins, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and a little bit of water. Allow the lid on the pan to warm gently.
6. Break the walnuts into pieces and add them. Remove the apples from the heat and add the drops of On Guard oil. Stir well.
7. Serve the pancakes with the yogurt, apples and possibly some extra maple syrup.