It can be this easy
Please note, this is thé trick if you do not have access to an oven, but want hot roasted sweet potato in these wraps. Cut the sweet potato into thin slices and toast them like a slice of bread in the toaster! In this way you can also use the sweet potato slices as a substitute for a toast or sandwich.
This recipe is from the Confident in Your Body Guide. An e-book with weekly menu (and workout tips) to make a fit and healthy start! We are following this week when we feel that our clothing is starting to become tighter or we want to eat extra healthy after a holiday without having to follow a ” diet ”.
If you want to be super fast, get a ready-made hummus. Even better is of course when you make it yourself and that is actually easy done. In a good blender or food processor, mix cooked chickpeas with a spoon of tahini, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs or spices (tip: Ras el Hanout). Add a piece of cucumber, beetroot, sun-dried tomatoes or cooked sweet potato to make the hummus extra smooth without having to add a lot of olive oil. This way you can vary endlessly and your hummus becomes a lot less fat than when you buy a ready-made one. You can keep it fresh in the fridge in a sealed container for at least a week.
You can use hummus for bread, a rice waffle, as a salad dressing or dipping sauce for your roasted vegetables, sweet potato fries or raw vegetables.
- 200 g sweet potato
- 2 Lebanese wraps (or tortilla wraps)
- 50 g hummus
- 50 g lettuce
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
1. Wash the sweet potato and cut into thin slices. You can roast the sweet potatoes in the oven, in a grill pan, but it is even faster when you toast this in the toaster.
2. Save half of your ingredients for tomorrow's lunch, or prepare the burrito and store it in the refrigerator.
3. Spread the wrap with hummus. Then add some lamb's lettuce, a few slices of sweet potato and finish with the pomegranate seeds.
4. Fold the wrap. When you fold the bottom a little bit double and then roll up the wrap you can eat it without the filling falling out at the bottom. Pack in some (baking) paper and take it for lunch.