Healthy buddha bowl rich in essential amino acids
The perfect meal to get lots of green proteins. A good one for after exercise or after a long (work) day. The basis of the meal are lentils, supplemented with a lot of (green) veggies. And no worries if you have not exercised, then this dish is still great. Everyone needs proteins. This meal is low in fat and contains a lot of minerals! Need more energy? Then increase the amount of lentils in the dish.
Pappadums are light crackers that are served with Indian dishes. They are made from lentil flour and you can make them yourself, but they also sell them ready-made at the supermarket. They are gluten-free and also delicious as a snack!
Tip: Make some extra pea spread because this is also delicious as a sandwich spread, dip for vegetables or as a salad dressing.
- 1 small cauliflower (300 g)
- 60 g of sundried tomatoes
- 120 g of fresh dates, seeded
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 100 ml of water
- 1 tsp miso paste (or mustard)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Ras el Hanout spice mix
- 2 times a pinch of sea salt
- 200 g green peas
- 1/2 zucchini
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 g of fresh mint
- pinch of black pepper
- 200 g lentils, cooked
- 1 red onion
- 100 g of fresh spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 5 g (curly) parsley
- 6 papadums
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
2. Put the sun-dried tomatoes, dates, garlic, tahini, water, miso paste, nutritional yeast flakes, Ras el Hanout spice mix and a pinch of salt in the blender or food processor. Mix until reasonably smooth.
3. Mix the sauce over the cauliflower and spread on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Make the pea spread by grinding 100 g of the peas together with the zucchini, coconut yogurt, lemon juice and fresh mint in a blender or food processor into a coarse spread. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut the red onion into small pieces. Fry the onion in a frying pan with the lentils. Add the spinach and the rest of the peas for the last minute.
6. Slice the cucumber and parsley. Serve the lentils with cauliflower, green pea spread, cucumber slices, parsley and papadums.