This dish doesn’t have to fall under unhealthy snacks at all, but it does hold a great comfort food content! These nachos are made with lots of vegetables, legumes and a creamy ”cheese sauce” made from sweet potatoes.
Store the bean stew separately from the sweet potato sauce and other ingredients. That way you can serve the same dish again the next day!
Looking for nacho chips that are lower in fat? Then go for the oven-baked chips. You can also make them yourself by cutting (corn) tortillas into wedges and then baking them in the oven.
Tip: just before serving, put the nacho chips in the oven for a minute. Catering trick that makes them taste extra fresh!
- 400 g sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 250 g brown beans, cooked and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp noble yeast flakes
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 150 g (oven baked) tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons oat creme fraiche
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes. Steam the potatoes in a steamer basket for about 6 minutes until tender. Let cool down.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Fry gently for 2 minutes in a frying pan with good non-stick coating.
- Peel the carrot and cut small. Add the carrot to the pan and pan for 2 minutes.
- Then add the brown beans, tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Let simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and ½ tsp chili flakes.
- Place the steamed sweet potato in the blender along with the noble yeast flakes, almond milk, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, ½ tsp chili flakes and pinch of sea salt. Blend until you have a smooth sauce.
- Finely chop the cilantro, lime and slice the avocado (peeled and pitted).
- Put the tortilla chips in an oven dish and place in a preheated oven (200 degrees) for a few minutes.
- Remove the chips from the oven and serve with the bean sprout, sweet potato sauce, some avocado, cilantro, lime and oat creme fraiche.