With vegan mozzarella
Believe us: this pizza is super easy to make, quickly ready and secretly a lot healthier than a takeaway pizza.
You can quite easily make a pizza dough yourself from flour, water and a pinch of salt. But if you find that too much work, just buy a ready-made pizza crust or pizza dough that you just have to roll out.
You almost never see us using plantbased varieties of cheese. But now and then it is really nice, especially when you miss the taste of cheese! Because honestly: a pizza with mozzarella is delicious (also for vegans). A vegan variation on mozzarella can be found in an organic supermarket.
Make vegan mozzarella yourself? This is very easy with cashew nuts! We explain it in this recipe for the Portobello Caprese.
Our mission is to inspire as many people as possible to eat more plantbased and healthy. Tens of thousands of people have already followed the Your 50 Days of Green Happiness program. For inspiration in the kitchen, information about your health and 50 complete daily menus including shopping lists.
- 230 g pizza dough (homemade or ready-made)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 75 g spinach
- 160 g artichoke hearts
- 1 bowl (60 g) vegan mozzarella (optional)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup of cress or sprouts
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Roll the pizza dough and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Finely chop the garlic. Grate 1 lemon and squeeze the juice.
2. Coat the pizza dough with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest of 1 lemon, 3 tbsp lemon juice, salt, pepper, dried oregano and sesame seeds. Make sure that the edges are also covered.
3. Spread the spinach on the bottom. Cut the artichoke hearts into small pieces and divide over the pizza.
4. Slice the vegan mozzarella. Spread over the pizza and sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes.
5. Slice the other lemon and place it on the pizza. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
6. Finish with the cress and some freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy your meal!