Centerpiece on the table
On the face of it, it may seem that we have served a chicken from the oven. But of course we don’t have that! This is perhaps even better (and extra tasty because it is cruelty free). This is a roasted cauliflower with a delicious sauce. Believe us, you’re gonna love this!
We want to create meals that give you extra vegetables and an enormous amount of nutrients. Not a lifeless, heavy or bloated feeling after eating. Not even if it is an extensive dinner with several courses or a comfort meal. Something like a whole roast chicken from the oven is really a tradition meal. We immediately see a film scene in front of us with a cozy table full of family and friends. But what do you serve this time? A roasted cauliflower from the oven! This dish is a lot easier than it looks and it tastes so good. Believe us, this will be one of your new favorite dishes.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tsp (smoked) paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- FOR THE PASTA
- 50 g chickpeas, cooked
- 120 g of fresh dates, seeded
- 100 ml of water
- 20 g of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 g of thyme
- 40 g roasted almonds
- 3 g fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash the cauliflower and remove the leaves. Mix the (smoked) paprika powder with the garlic powder and rub it over the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and then cover with aluminum foil. Put in the oven for about an hour. *
3. Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the pasta in a food processor into a thick pasta.
4. Remove the cauliflower from the oven or the steam basket. Spread the cauliflower all over with half the pasta.
5. Chop the tomatoes and fresh thyme. Divide this around the cauliflower. Cover with aluminum foil and put back in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes so that the top can turn golden brown.
6. Finely chop the almonds and parsley. Sprinkle over the cauliflower before serving. Serve the remaining pasta in a bowl with the cauliflower.
* You can also steam the cauliflower in a steam pan / basket. Then the cauliflower only needs 10 minutes to cook.