With fresh herbs and seaweed
Dulse is rich in minerals, including iodine. Iodine is a crucial mineral for the adrenal glands. It forms part of the T3 and T4 adrenal hormones used in every cell of the body to regulate metabolism and fat burning. You can often find dulse in an organic store or order it as flakes online. No dulse? Instead of dulse, you can use crumbled nori sheets in this recipe.
Daily or as part of your detox days
This salad can be a daily part of your diet (delicious as a light lunch or side dish with meals), but it can also be part of a detox treatment. During a detox course you focus on vegetable meals that are as little processed as possible, easily digestible and contain lots of vitamins and minerals. Inspiration and a complete detox menu can be found in our Green Happiness Detox book.
Do you want to detox with juices (and not spend all day in the kitchen yourself) then the frozen juices from SAPJE are a must! You can order individual juices, but also a complete juice cure of 3, 5 or 7 days. Including a soup for the evening and a vegan detox menu to slowly build up and finish your juice cure. We helped create the recipes for the vegan detox menu and this recipe is part of it.
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 25 g rocket salad
- 5 g fresh coriander (or parsley)
- 5 g fresh dill
- optional: 2 tablespoons Atlantic dulse (or 2 crumbled nori sheets)
- ½ lemon
- ½ orange
1. Thinly slice the cucumber, onion and tomatoes. Put them together with the arugula in a bowl.
2. Chop the coriander and dill. Mix them together with the dulse (or nori) through the salad.
3. Squeeze half the lemon and orange and pour the juice over the salad as a dressing.