These biscuits are soft inside with crunchy walnut pieces and a delicious kick from the ginger. The icing is optional, but makes the biscuits extra classy, creamy and delicious.
Don’t like ginger? You can also leave it out, replace it with cinnamon or with a drop of wild orange essential oil.
When using essential oils, quality is very important. Use a brand you trust and where you can be 100% sure that they are pure essential oils (i.e. tested). You don’t want to get synthetic substances or chemicals into your body. Essential oils are very concentrated and can work both outside the cell and inside the cell.
Ginger essential oil is great to use in dishes, but also a very nice aroma to have with you on a bumpy road trip. Or add a drop to a massage oil for a warming massage. Great for cold feet!
Want to learn more about essential oils? Check out our book Cooking with Essential Oils and join an online Introductory Masterclass.
- 150 g oat flour
- 100 g oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons broken linseed
- 50 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp speculaas spices
- 60 g almond paste
- 4 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 drops ginger essential oil or 2 tsp ginger powder
- 35g cashew paste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the oat flour with the oatmeal, linseed, chopped walnuts, baking powder, sea salt and spice.
- In another bowl, mix the almond paste with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, apple sauce, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and coconut oil. Then mix this with the dry ingredients.
- Add 1 drop of ginger essential oil or 1 tsp ginger powder.
- Form nine balls with your hands, place them on the baking tray and press flat. Place the biscuits in the middle of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the cashew paste with ½ tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tsp ginger powder (or 1 drop of ginger essential oil) and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Decorate the biscuits with the cashew paste. Store the biscuits in a closed drum in a dry place.