Easy, cheap, effective, cruelty-free, toxic-free and smells amazing
That I haven’t done this before … Regular deodorants (especially perfume spray bottles) contain all kinds of chemical substances that really doesn’t make your body happy. Which means that your body will have to do extra best to process and remove all these substances (detox). All the while you’re trying your best with healthy eating habits…
Natural but pricy
Natural deodorants are nice but also pricey and not all of them work. Essential oils to the rescue! I went into the kitchen to make a natural deo that works, is cheap and contains only natural ingredients. In fact; you could eat this one, not that I recommend it, but still … (never put anything on your body that you wouldn’t eat …). My armpits smell wonderfully fresh all day, even after exercise (and they stinked for two days because my deo was finished…). In other words: dive into the kitchen cabinets and make this all natural deodorant!
An additional advantage: you can decide yourself which scent you want. I have now opted for the fresh scent of the Purify blend together with Eucalyptus, but you can also grab other scents. Or make multiple portions with different scents so you can alternate. Think of Lavender, Cedarwood, Lime or Grapefruit.
Make sure that your essential oils are really 100% pure, otherwise toxic substances will still enter your body. DōTERRA is the only company that test every batch oils. The quality report can be found with the code under each bottle via www.sourcetoyou.com.
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 15 drops of essential oil
1. Mix all ingredients (except the essential oil) in a bowl.
2. Add the drops of essential oil and stir well. Choose your essential oil fragrance. I used 10 drops of Purify and 5 drops of Eucalyptus here.
3. Spoon the substance into a glass jar. Place a sticker on it so that you know what's inside. Store in the bathroom.