You gotta love these colours
This soup is super easy to make and ready very quickly. Pumpkin is very low in calories but still gives the soup a thick and full taste. We add buckwheat noodles for extra filling. Do you prefer a less thick soup? Then add some extra water.
This is a recipe from the Green Happiness Detox. This week with light meals, filling smoothies, warm soups and healthy snacks helps your body to effectively remove waste and toxins from your body. Chemicals that we get through exhaust gases, processed food, cosmetic products etc. Giving your body a break occasionally and boosting it with extra vitamins and minerals helps you to feel more energetic, strengthen your immune system and make your skin shine!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 orange pumpkin (700 g)
- 500 ml of water
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 100 g buckwheat noodles
- 150 g bimi (or broccoli)
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- 2 slices of lime
- Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the garlic, red pepper and onion. Put this in a soup pan with a little splash of water and the cumin. Turn down the heat.
2. Wash the pumpkin. Halve and remove the seeds. Then cut into small pieces. You can leave the skin on. Put the pumpkin in the pan together with the water and stock cube. Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, set up a pan with water. Blanch the bimi (or broccoli) until al dente in a few minutes. Set aside.
4. Cook the buckwheat noodles according to the instructions on the package in a few minutes. Drain and keep separate.
5. Put the soup in the blender or puree with a hand blender until smooth.
6. Divide between two deep soup bowls. Add the noodles and broccoli. Drizzle with pomegranate seeds and lime. Season with salt and pepper.