Vegan and with chocolate
While we are working on this recipe, Tessa receives a pop-up in her screen of an article about the health benefits of cocao. Can’t be a coincidence! From the positive effects on blood pressure, high antioxidant levels to the antidepressant-like effects. We will not all include the studies, but if you are interested you can do that article here.
Okay, these cookies are not low fat, so don’t eat all of them in once. But they are certainly healthy! We make the cookie dough from a combination of chickpeas and oatmeal, which really gives a cookie dough flavor. Macadamia nuts are a true powerhouse of nutrients including vitamin A, iron, B vitamins and folic acid.
The chocolate spread that makes these cookies finger-licking good is from dates, hemp seeds and raw cocoa. Yes, that simple. And so healthy! If you can’t find unroasted macadamia nuts, roasted and salted nuts are also delicious!
Make it special for yourself
Oh and why we put the cookies on a stick? Just for fun! Nice as a treat, right? And then we don’t just mean a children’s treat or for a party, this treat is also just for you! Because you are awesome, just for no special reason, but for who you are. And because you take the trouble to make these cookies. Make it special for yourself.
- 200 g cooked chickpeas
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 150 g oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 g unroasted macadamia nuts
- 30 g of raw cocoa nibs
- 8 wooden (ice) sticks
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SPREAD:
- 25 g hemp seeds
- 60 g fresh dates, seeded
- 2 tbsp raw cocao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 50 ml of water
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Puree the chickpeas together with the maple syrup in a food processor or blender. Mix in the oatmeal, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Knead until you have a cohesive dough. Finely chop the nuts and knead them together with the cocoa nibs through the dough.
2. Cover an oven plate with baking paper. Shape the dough into 8 balls. Press this flat and form 8 cookies on the oven plate. Insert the wooden sticks. Bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown. The cookies remain creamy inside.
3. Put all the ingredients in the blender for the chocolate spread. Mix until smooth. You can keep the spread in a covered container for at least two weeks in the refrigerator.
4. Let the cookies cool well. Then spread with the chocolate spread.