A soft bite in a base of oatmeal and cashew nuts with a sweet, soft layer of caramel made from pure dates. Finished with a lick of chocolate. These Caramel Cookies are irresistible. Naturally 100% plantbased, gluten-free and without refined sugars. Cause that’s how we roll …
Do you want to learn more about what real food does to your body? Is vegan really healthier and how does that work? In our Your 50 Days of Green Happiness books we not only take you through all the information but also through 50 daily menus, carefully designed to give you energy and let you shine from the inside out!
You don’t have to bake these cookies. The only waiting time will be in the freezer! But if you really can’t wait, then that is not even necessary.
Keep the cookies fresh in the refrigerator. You can keep them even longer in the freezer! If you manage to stay away from it of course …
- 100 g oatmeal
- 100 g cashew nuts (soaked in water for at least 1 hour)
- 240 g of dates, seeded
- 35 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 ml of water
1. Put the oatmeal, soaked cashews, 140 grams of dates, coconut sugar, vanilla powder and a pinch of sea salt in a blender or food processor and grind.
2. Then knead everything together until you have a firm dough.
3. Make 16 balls from the dough. This is easiest done with wet hands. Place the balls on a plate covered with baking paper and press them flat into cookies about half a centimeter thick.
4. Place the cookies in the freezer while making the caramel layer. For this you mix the rest of the dates, cinnamon and water in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Spread a teaspoon of the date caramel over each cookie and then put them back in the freezer.
6. Time for the chocolate topping! Melt the chocolate au bain-marie. When the chocolate is melted, dip the cookies in one by one. Because the cookies come from the freezer, the chocolate hardens almost immediately, so you don't have to wait long before you can eat the cookies.