These muffins are definitely going to be your new favorite and you can eat them guilt-free too. They are vegan, gluten-free and incredibly delicious. The wild orange essential oil in the icing makes the muffins extra special and fresh.
Wild orange essential oil
Wild Orange essential oil is also lovely in water. With citrus oils, always make sure that you do not put them in a plastic bottle, but use a glass or a stainless steel bottle. The citrus oils are so powerful that they loosen the plastic so that small plastic pieces from the bottle end up in your water. Of course you don’t want to use the cleaning effect of citrus oils for that.
Cooking with Essential Oils
This recipe is from the Cooking with Essential Oils book where you will find more recipes and information about how to use essential oils in your dishes and what benefits this can offer.
- 2 tablespoons of crushed flaxseed
- 200 g oat flour
- 50 g coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 200 g carrots
- 40 g coconut oil
- 100 ml plant-based milk, for example unsweetened almond milk
- 100 g raisins
- 30 g of walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 280 g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 6 drops of wild orange essential oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix the linseed with four tablespoons of water and let it stand.
In a large bowl, combine the oat flour with coconut blossom sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt.
4. Wash and peel the carrots. Grate these fine. Mix this with the linseed into the flour. Melt the coconut oil and stir it into the batter along with the plantbased milk, raisins and walnuts.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda with apple cider vinegar until it foams. Stir this briefly into the batter.
6. Divide the batter over the muffin cups. Bake these in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes. The muffins are ready when you put in a skewer and it comes out fairly dry.
7. Let the muffins cool while you make the frosting.
8. For the glaze, smooth the cream cheese and stir in the maple syrup and wild orange essential oil.
9. Divide the icing over the muffins with a piping bag or spoon.