Super easy and healthy salad
Delicious as a side dish or with a sandwich for lunch.
This summer salad is fresh, yet creamy due to the tahini dressing with lemon and fresh mint. Tahini is sesame paste. Rich in calcium and a wonderful base for dressings and dips. Add something sour (lemon or apple cider vinegar), some spicy (e.g. mustard), pinch of salt and some spices. You can vary endlessly with this!
Want to take it easy? Then buy a bag of ready-sliced white cabbage. That way you’ll have this tasty salad on the table in no time!
- 300 g white cabbage, thinly shaved
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 20 g fresh mint
- 5 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sumac spice
- 1 tsp rice syrup (or agave syrup or maple syrup)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 5 tablespoons water
- Finely slice the white cabbage. Wash the celery, cut off the bottom and peel with a peeler. Then finely slice the celery.
- Wash the cucumber and cut into thin slices with a peeler.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Mix all this in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini with the lemon juice, sumac spices, rice syrup and water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the dressing over the salad and mix everything well.