Kale on your pizza!? Yes!
Topping your pizza with something other than tomato sauce? Use hummus! You can buy instant hummus, but making your own is easy. You can find a basic recipe here.
We have now put the pizza base in the oven along with the hummus and beet, you can also put the base in the oven first and then top it off.
As desired, use a homemade pizza crust or a ready-made one. With vegetables in it, extra thin or gluten-free.
You can also top your pizza like this: Crunchy Indian or Double Green pizza.
- 1 pizza base
- 2 tablespoons hummus (flavor of choice)
- ½ raw beet, sliced with peeler.
- 1 handful of chopped kale
- juice of ½ lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Spread the hummus over the pizza crust.
- Peel the beet and cut into very thin slices with a peeler.
- Place the pizza in the middle of the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the kale in a bowl along with a pinch of sea salt and the lemon juice. Massage for 5 minutes, until the kale softens.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet for 3 minutes until brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, spread the kale and pine nuts on top. Enjoy your meal!