Super fast, easy and delicious
You really only need one minute for this chocolate mousse. Provided you have a good blender of course. We use the high-speed blender for this Bianco di Puro! The more powerful your blender, the lighter and smoother the texture of your chocolate mousse. Put it in the fridge for a while (if you manage not to eat it immediately) then it becomes even more robust.
The chocolate mousse is made from silken tofu, therefore it is low in calories and high in valuable proteins! So put it on your list for tasty guilt-free & post-workout treat. You can find silken tofu in an organic store.
Instead of maple syrup you can also make the mousse sweet by adding a fresh date, then you use ingredients that are even less processed. We have used a super pure chocolate bar here, but you could also use a (vegan) milk chocolate bar or add a tablespoon of carobe and a little cocoa powder. That way you create a softer chocolate flavor. Note that carob powder itself is a bit sweet, so you may need less maple syrup (or fresh dates).
- 500 g silken tofu
- 185 g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or 40 g fresh dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: almond flakes, fresh berries or coconut flakes to garnish
1. Remove the silken tofu from the package and drain in a colander.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
3. Put the melted chocolate, silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt in the blender. Blend for 20 seconds on position 2 (manual setting) and then choose the "sauce" program to blend the mousse nicely lightly.
4. Divide the mousse into 4 or 8 cups (depending on the portion you want to serve). You can eat the mousse immediately, but by placing the cups in the fridge for a while, it will stiffen more. Garnish the mousse before serving and enjoy!